This kit includes everything required to connect the device to an already existing Webasto 1529. Requires that you have this that can control your heater and you can access the cables going into the back of the controller and understand how to connect the unit according to the schematic below. The Webasto 1529 in the picture is not included.
When the unit is connected this way, they work independent of each other, i.e. if you turn on with your phone you must turn off with your phone and vice versa if you turn on with 1529 you must turn off with 1529.
This controller is quite uncommon and very similar to Webasto 1531 / Eberspächer Module Timer that's more common. Therefore, confirm that you really have this by comparing with the image. On this, the screen is in the middle, while it is offset to the left on the others.
|Operating voltage||12V / 24V|
|Power consumption||Nominal Idle ~250mW / Max 5W|
|Heattime||10 – 999 minutes (default 30min)|
|Dimensions||65 x 28 x 80 mm|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to +80°C|
|Measurable temperature||-40°C to +105°C|
|Temperature precision||± 1°C|
|IP-rating||IP20 (install inside vehicle cabin)|
|Mobile network||4G (LTE)|
|Power class||Class 3|
Remote control for Webasto and Eberspacher heaters using mobile app
This is the fifth generation of our popular APP / SMS remote control for Webasto and Eberspächer heaters
With the OTAC-PH5, you can remotely control your vehicle preheater or airheater via SMS, phone calls or our simple iPhone and Android app. Works together with waterheaters and airheaters that are started with analog control signal (+12/24V) or W-bus. The potential-free outputs can also replace e.g. an already existing pushbutton. You can also connect a temperature sensor (sold separately) so you can see what temperature it is.
The unit is developed and manufactured in Sweden* and rigorously tested & well proven. We use only high quality components from authorized distributors. We offer a 2-year guarantee on all of our products!
● The unit uses 4G (LTE) mobile network and will not be affected by 2G (GSM) sunset.
● Works like Eberspächer EasyStart Web and Webasto ThermoConnect but with SMS.
● Can be used with a pre-paid SIM-cards; no subscriptions or ongoing costs except balance.
● Control and set up the device directly in the app. No complicated commands or coding required.
● Simple Iphone and Android app available, "GSMS Remote Control" in Appstore and Google Play.
● For both 12V and 24V systems, also works with heaters in trucks and construction machines.
● Add a start/stop pushbutton with indicator to manually control the heater without your phone.
● Turn on the heat in recreational vehicles in advance, be it the caravan, motorhome or boat.
● Also works with Webasto's and Eberspächer's own apps; "Thermo Call" / "EasyStart GSM".
● Schedule start; select one time and date in the future when you want the heater to start.
● Two potential-free outputs and W-bus support means that the unit works together with most heaters.
● Low power consumption and good coverage with its external antenna.
The only thing more you need is a SIM-card, read more about it HERE.
*PCB (bare board) and enclosure made in China. Pick-and-placed, assembled and tested in Sweden.
otacell.se is not affiliated with Webasto or Eberspächer in any way.